I know... I know... I haven't been diligent in updating my blog. In fact, I was this close in abandoning it but nahhh... not yet...
Wokay... here goes
1. It has been a month of whirlwind sports for the Malay community here in Loughborough as a run-up for our annual family day which has been fast-forwarded to June instead of the usual August. I participated in volleyball, badminton, netball, bowling and pingpong. I won badminton and netball, came second for volleyball, third for pingpong and just had a jolly good time for bowling.
And ohhh... I dislocated my left pinkie while playing netball. The ball hit so hard and fast that I didn't realized that I've dislocated my pinkie until I was trying to shoot the ball into the goal. I raised my hands and saw that my left pinkie looked extremely weird and felt even weirder. The middle bone went underneath the the third bone near the palm. Luckily B was there to pull my pinkie in order. He gave a sharp jerk and pulled it back in shape. After that, it swelled to double the original size and bruised into a royal blue.
2. The season of car-boot sale has started and I simply can't recall how much B and I have spent on second-hand stuffs. Well, as they say, one man's trash is another man's treasure. In my case, it's one hell of a cheap treasure! Some of the stuffs that I got were just too good to be true like 10p for a Ladybird storybook and there were 11 of them so I wiped clean all of it, £2 for an FP ride n stride, £4 for a Little Tikes Police Car Coupe, several original DVDs for a measly £2-£3 each and the list goes on. This is what I call guilt-free shopping. The problem now is I have no idea where to put all the stuffs that I've accumulated. Maybe I might have to do a yard sale myself to get rid of some of the stuffs that I've picked here and there before shipping the rest home. Or... I might bring everything back home and have a car boot of my own and let everyone browse through my junk. What say you???
3. OHHHHHH... Royal Doulton at Stoke had a half-price sale on ALL of the range during the last May Bank Holiday Weekend. I got to know about it from a friend and I immediately dragged a very reluctant B to Stoke. I went on Saturday and the sale ended on Monday. I stocked up on my Old Country Roses and added the quantity to eight-place setting instead of six. I was in pure heaven but at a price. B made me swear that I shall NEVER, EVER under any circumstances set my foot at my beloved Wedgwood, Portmeirion and Royal Doulton before allowing me to make a purchase. And swore I did. Very, very sad..... but what the heck... I've completed my fine china collection. That's the most important part.
4. The Best Part... we're leaving for Disneyland Paris tomorrow in the wee morning hours or 5 am to be exact. A friend is sending us to London and we'll be catching the Eurostar from Waterloo at 9.39 am. It's a direct ride to Disneyland Marnee Le Vallee station and we're reaching there at 1.30 pm. After that it's pure fun, fun, fun for us especially for Zareef because he's been asking and wanting to go there since forever. Will be back on Saturday 18th June at 8.30 pm. So... it's Viva Disney for us.
5. I'll be 29 tomorrow. Yes, I was borned on 14th June, 29 years ago. I've had a few early b'day gifts from B and Zareef. Yesterday, B bought for me the first season DVD of The O.C seeing that I'm soooooo obsess with the show. Then today, Zareef presented me with a very, very cute birthday card which he drew his hand (with help from his daddy of course) and some graffiti on it. I was sooooo touched!!! Just 10 minutes prior to writing this post, I walked into our bedroom and was surprised with a huge card and a charming gift box. I shouted in glee, opened the card and the present. Oh boy!!! I had the shock of my life. It was an extremely gorgeous bracelet from H. Samuel (B calls them Haji Samuel). 9 carat white gold diamond bracelet to be exact!!! I was rendered speechless!!!!!! I hugged, kissed and thanked my darling husband profusely for getting me something that I've wanted sooo much but never thought I would be getting it now. I was hinting on a Baby Blue Blenheim Mulberry bag but this is much, much better! And now, it will end with a huge bang with us celebrating the finale at Disneyland Paris. This is the best birthday bash EVER!!!
Thank you so much darling for your thoughtfulness, kindness and the love and care that you've showered me with. I can never repay it. I just pray to God that this feeling will last till the end of time and grow stronger with each year. Amin!
6. The news just came in. After a 16-weeks trial, Michael Jackson is found not guilty on all counts. He is a free man. Let's just hope that he learns his lesson and not open Neverland to any more lewd acts involving underage children.