Saturday, January 21, 2006

I am So PISSED!

at MPPJ. Yupp that's right. Especially at their parking system. So, allow me to rant, aight..

Yesterday, after having a splendid lunch with Lin at Midvalley, we went to Victoria's Secret Warehouse Sale at PJ. I dragged Lin actually because I know she would want to go (she being a VS worshipper and all).

After navigating through roundabouts, small lanes, junctions and traffic lights, we finally made it to Jalan Tandang (that's where the warehouse sale was held). Parking was a breeze and I quickly found a spot right in front of the building where the sale was held.

The sale was quite a bargain. One VS bra for RM19.90 and 5 VS panties for RM 10!! Their lingerie were going at RM20/2 pieces. There were Nike Dry-Fits for RM39 a pop. Levi's jeans going at RM 39/pair. Shirts by Billabong, CK and DKNY. I was quite disappointed with their Osh Kosh selections. They were only selling OK jeans for ages 6 and above and they weren't even nice.

Opppsss... I digressed.

So, after happily paying for our stuffs we headed towards my car and what should I see... but a guy in a blue shirt with a gadget in his hand standing in front of my car. I was shocked! I quickly ran towards him while waving at him frantically to let him know that I am coming, leaving poor clueless Zareef with Lin. But that guy boleh buat tak paham je and terus print out a tiket and tucked in behind the wipers.

I almost fainted when I saw the amount. It was RM 100!! Bloody hell!!! I could buy 5 VS bras with that kind of money. I argued with that guy

"Encik... takde signboard pun tulis kena bayar parking". Which is very true! I looked everywhere for a signboard. There weren't one in sight on the side of the road that we parked and even on the opposite side.

"Ada, tu kat sana"
"Mana?"
"Tu bawah pokok sana"
"Laaa... mana nak nampak. Saya carik parking meter yang kita masukkan syilings tuh".
"Sini takde. Awak kena bayar kat orang bawah payung tuh".
"Mana saya nak tau. Kalau ada signboard kat sini or kat sana, dah lama saya bayar parking". And I pointed out to him that there weren't any signs whatsoever indicating that you have to pay for parking within 100 m radius of my car.
"Saya tak boleh buat apa. Saya dah print tiket so tak boleh cancel. Kalau awak nak komplen, pegi buat rayuan kat kaunter. Saya tukang check parking je".
"Mana boleh camni. MPPJ tak letak pun sign suruh bayar kat area sini. Tiba-tiba datang nak saman je".
"Orang kat sini sumer tau kena bayar parking camne awak boleh tak tau?"
"Saya bukan orang sini. Ini first time saya datang sini. Mana nak tau kena bayar parking kalau takde signboard or parking meter tempat masukkan syiling tuh! Kalau MPPJ letak signboard kat setiap block, mestila saya bayar. Takkan saya nak kena saman saja2 pulak. Ingat saya bodoh ke!" (Time ni aku dah hot sangat2!!)
"Awak jangan komplen kat saya. Awak pegi komplen kat kaunter". And he walked off!!! Boleh tak?!!

I was so angry at that time I couldn't help myself that I had to let out "Eiiii... fucked up giler la!!" to which he turned and gave me a venomous glare. Arghhh... lantak ko la nak tengok tapi MPPJ punya salah la. Sape suruh tak letak signboards terang2 kat every blocks!!! I would have paid you know! I'm a law-abiding citizen and takkan la aku nak free2 bagi duit kat MPPJ pulak. BodoohhhSSS!!!

Just to prove my point that MPPJ were careless in putting up signboards notifying the public to pay for their parking, I drove the whole stretch of Jalan Tandang. Guess what... for the whole stretch that was about 2 km long, there were only 2 signboards! 2!!!! And what makes my blood boil was that the place to pay for your parking was to a guy sitting under an umbrella who was in plain clothes at the start of Jalan Tandang. Mana la aku nak tau kat situ kena bayar parking. Ingatkan mamat mana la jual goreng pisang kat situ. At least, do wear the proper official uniform or put up a proper sign la. Ini tak. Memang saje nak mengenakan orang! And what if those who came and parked their cars at the very end of Jalan Tandang, takkan nak kena jalan all the way up front to pay. These MPPJ parking people can be so stupid sometimes that it's almost unbelievable!!

I was so fucking mad that I drove straight to MPPJ. I was lucky as they weren't close yet. I parked while Lin went to find the counter to pay for the fine. She, as me argued too.

"Ramai betul orang kena saman kat Jalan Tandang hari nih"
"Ye lah, orang ramai pegi sale kat situ. Sumer orang luar. Mana nak tau kena bayar parking. Kenapa tak letak signboard terang2 so that orang tau kat situ kena bayar kat orang bawah payung. Dah la tak pakai proper uniforms."
"Ohh... tu la satu kelemahan MPPJ." Goodness!! Is that all that she can come up with??
"Banyak la ye dapat untung hari nih. Kalau dah tau ada kelemahan, improve la. Letak signboard banyak2. Ni kat sepanjang jalan tu ada 2 signboard je. Jauh2 pulak tu. Kalau macam saya parking kat tengah2, tak tau pun kena bayar parking. Buat la pondok bayaran kat situ yg betul2. Tulis besar2 'PONDOK BAYARAN LETAK KERETA MPPJ' kan senang."
"Cepat la bayar. Kaunter pun nak tutup." She dah malas nak layan la tuh.
"Berapa kena bayar? Tak boleh kurang ke?"
"Paling kurang saya boleh bagi RM 30 je. Kurang daripada tuh, nanti saya yang kena bayar". Wah Wah Wah... minah ni perli balik pulak.
Lin paid and we walked off. She insisted that she pay half of the fine as she too were there to shop. Syukur Alhamdulillah dapat member camni.

So there. I've ranted. So to anyone who is working at MPPJ, please do improve on your parking signages especially along the roads near the industrial area. It is such a simple yet effective thing to do. I will definitely come back in 6 months' time to see if you've done so. If you haven't, then it proves that you are just out to get at the innocent public! No?

3 comments:

Along said...

Ler..last entry baru cakap takmo pi shopping spree lah, nak simpan duit untuk rumah baru lah..ni dah pi warehouse sale plak dah. Lepeh tu kena saman plak. Isy, isy...

Anyway, MPPJ memang gitu. Ramai dah kena. Ramai dah komplen tapi rasanya it's there way of making money. Ada my friend tu, dah masukkan kunci nak bukak pintu, nak alihkan kete..dia saman jugak!!! Sib baik tak kena penumbuk mamat tukang saman tu. I think these people have some kind of quota they have to achieve ah every month. Kalau tak, takkan galak sangat dok saman org.

Takpe, at least Rm30 jer. Rm100 banyak tu. Bleh belanja aku makan Chillies, kenyang gak.:D

NORA ANSHAR said...

mana ada shopping spree long! to save money, that's why i went to the warehouse sale. RM 100 could stretch me a mile whereas if I buy the conventional way i.e. at the mall, RM 100 baru la dpt 1 bra (for my size la). tak ke berbaloi tu?! hahahha... ada saje alasan aku kalau nak belanja tu kan...

Azura Abas said...

Well Nora I guess - "Welcome to Malaysia". Annoying kan? The only thing that worked is to get the media- once issues appeared in the news/ newspaper then baru la all the relevant authorities will take action. If not, everything will be swept under the carpet!