by Along. She tagged me a month ago. Sorry ya. Who says I have plenty of time in my hands? WRONGGGG... By the way, this is my 100th post. Heheheh... thought I'd never reach this mark. So here goes...
Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Housekeeper - This was at Purdue's Union Hotel. My duties were to keep the rooms looking spick and span. Didn't like it at all! Quit after a couple of months.
2. Stripe Shop - My duties were to make pizzas, breadsticks, be the cashier and clean up the joint. Fun job despite burning myself several times. The plus side: I get to eat lots and lots of pizza and breadsticks dipped in cheese or tomato sauce. Yummmm!!
3. Prime Lab - This one was a bit on the heavy duty side. I had to sit by the computer for 8 hours and observe the ongoings of a HUGE machine whose job is to carbon date materials situated 4 levels underground. I had to climb, fix, change and do others things to the machine that runs on thousands of volts and had rays that could kill your body cells in an instant. (Betul ke Bogo?) The plus side: I got extra studying done, used the photocopying machine for free and downloaded songs at T1 speed...hhehehe...
4. Grader - Hah... easy peasy! All I had to do was grade student's homework while lying on the bed once a week. And for that, I get paid $6/hour for 10 hours. Absolutely love this job!
All the above were my undergrad odd jobs. After graduating, I was stuck at an IT company as a Systems Engineer. This was fun. I get to go up and down the KL Sentral office suites before anyone else. After that, it was downhill all the way. In the UK, I was a domestic engineer full time while in the mornings, I worked as an office assistant. The pay was enough for me to travel, shop and sent some home.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
1. Anything that has Reese Witherspoon in it. I absolutely adore her!
2. The Fast and The Furious and its sequel. Fast cars simply does it for me.
3. All of Harry Potter's. Yupp... this I can watch with Zareef. My boy can even memorize some of the lines.
4. Dead Poet's Society. This is a classic one. B could never understand why but I love it!
Four Places I Have Lived:
1. Klang, Selangor. Born and bred here for the past 30 years.
2. West Lafayette, Indiana. This is were Purdue was. Simply priceless!!
3. Seksyen 16, PJ. Just behind Taman Jaya and Amcorp Mall within walking distance, MidValley at the next exit, only 10 minutes to Bangsar and 20 minutes to UPM. Best giler dok sini.
4. Loughborough, Leicestershire. Zareef's birthplace. We built our lives here. Broke my heart when I had to leave it.
Four Television Shows I Love to Watch:
Seriously... I watch way too much tv shows. In fact, I'm absofcukinglutely crazy about tv shows. But the top four would be
1. The O.C
3. Desperate Housewives
4. One Tree Hill
Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:
Goodness... this is hard. I've traveled a lot thanks to my degree days and B's postdoc days. I managed to cover almost all of Northern America, Canada included and 5 countries of the EU when we made a road trip in 2003. The best places were...
1. New York. Yes, the Big Apple. I could totally live here. I loved everything about it. I even went here twice!
2. Switzerland - Interlaken, Lucerne, Geneva, Zurich . Rolling snow-capped mountains, bluest sky you'll ever see in a lifetime, fresh crisp air, big fat cows rumbling on well-kept grass, huge lakes that seem endless plus the best milk and cheese that I have ever tasted, bar none!
3. Italy. We travelled all over Italy for a week covering Venice, Rome, Lake Garda, Florence and Pisa. Best pasta and gelato I have ever had!! Can you believe it that a cone of gelato was only 1 Euro! I whalloped a minimum of 3 each day. They tasted like heaven, every time. Yes... every time.
4. West Coast, US. B and I went for a 3 week holiday. Felt like a movie star when we walked the Hollywood Boulevard, visited the infamous Alcatraz in San Francisco, got wet through at SeaWorld in San Diego, window shopping at Rodeo Drive and Beverly Hills. Best! Best! Best!
Four of My Favorite Dishes:
I'm not a fussy eater and an adventurous one too!
1. Japanese food. Yupp... I'm a nutter over anything Japanese
2. Any kind of noodles. I'd always pick noodles over rice, anytime!
3. Iqbal's Briyani. This small shop located in Leicester is a gem! They serve excellent, fluffy briyani rice with equally delicious, succulent, moist lamb. Simply the best!
4. Seafood. My all time favorite would be the stalls at Kuala Kedah. 4 thumbs up and al cheapo too!!
Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1. I'm vain so I visit mine daily. Just to see who has read my blog. Hahahah...
2. Yahoo Mail
4. Blogs listed in my Favorite
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. At home with Zareef, which I am
2. A spa. God knows how much I desperately yearn for a good massage and someone to just spoil me rotten.
3. By the sea in a Mediterranean country which is doable coz B is having a conference in Cyprus sometime in May. Gotta check my account balance and see if I can spare a few thousands. Sighhh... baru check. Nope. Not gonna happen. Hmm... but Redang will do.
4. Shopping either at the many, many factory outlets in the States or Bicester Village.
Four Bloggers I Am Tagging:
Anyone who hasn't done this who's reading this right now. Yes you, you and you. hehehheh...