Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bliss Is...

when I get to stay at home, A.L.O.N.E., like right now.

Zareef is at his KAFA while Zara was sent to her playschool this morning all because Mummy had lots of baking to do today. But I've not baked any cakes. Instead, I'm enjoying this quiet moment all by myself. No shouting, no screaming, no crying, no "Mummy nak susu" or "Mummy nak ani (barney)" or no "Aling... tolong urut belakang" It is pure bliss!

I'm selfish, I know. Well, let me be. I deserve a moment of peace and tranquility to just put up my feet and have a cup of tea while reading a book or catching up on my favorite bloggers or maybe catch a nod or two.

Maybe, some may get it, some may not. Do I care? Not even a tiny rat's ass.

To all SAHMs or WAHMs, do try it. It's very therapeutic. Highly recommended in order to keep your sanity.

4 comments:

The Hand That Holds The Quill... said...

ha ha...thanks for posting this! Now I know I'm not alone and feeling less guilty! ;D I always wonder if all other moms out there are so perfect and wishing I can be better at keeping myself sane like them all. ;)

My idea of escape is to lock my bedroom door and watch a good movie/read a book (i hvnt been able to finish a book since like forever!) or play a round of computer games...the guilt comes after. ;P itu pun most of the time they will be banging on my door like nobody's business! ha ha

What to do...need a break jgk la once in a while. If not can go crazy!

NORA ANSHAR said...

heheh... you're most welcome. please, don't feel guilty whatsoever for wanting to have a time out from your children and daily routines.

just like working people getting weekends and public holidays off, consider the time that you lock yourself in the bedroom as a time off too. i see it as a time to recharge, refocus and just relax albeit if it's only for an hour or two.

too bad that the door lock to my bedroom has been busted or else, i would have done the same thing :) but i'd have to suffer the repercussion of my children banging on the door till it's either down or open hehehheh...

ZMJ said...

200% agree with you Nora. I don't take MC because I can't rest at home. I rather take a rest at the office.

NORA ANSHAR said...

tapi kalau kau rest kat office, karang kena panggil ngan bos bagai and kena buat keje pulak kan. but i guess, kalau kau cakap kat adults that you're not well, then they'll just leave you alone. cuba cakap kat budak2 nih... harruuummphhhfff.. bertuah nak leave us alone kan?!