Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Randomly Rambling...

1. Zareef is sick - high temperature, whooping cough with the occasional projectile vomit to boot. He hasn't been to school for three days now and I plan to keep him at home for the rest of the week. Yeay! for him but Nay! for me.

You see, when my child gets sick, it's me they come clinging to like a baby koala. Daddy just doesn't do it for them. Hence the haggard mummy that you'll see trying to sort out fights between brother and sister, the neverending berebut session which will only end when Mummy makes a bellowing sound that'll put a bull to shame or the ceaseless mess that they seem to find joy making. Oh such fun job I have trying store order in my home.

2. I had the best of time with my shopaholic sisters last Saturday. Venue was Yaya's @ Rimbun Soraz. Food was potluck style courtesy from all except one (you know who you are hence the next round of food will be on you ya!). It was a vicious cycle of yakking, eating, laughing, camwhoring, karaokeing, yakking, eating, laughing and by then I had to take leave. I know, I missed out on the juicy parts of the gathering but duty calls (I am feeling rather bitter about it but nothing I can do about it, can I?). Next time, I'll be sure to make my whole day free for any such gatherings. You mark my word!

3. Sunday was spent at Janda Baik. I truly welcome the cool fresh air beating on my face, rolling greens that soothed my weary eyes and the carefree feeling that I experienced every time I'm there. It's like I checked all my worries and problems (macam banyak sangat masalah negara kan...) at the toll both and just let it be. It's my escape from the polluted, hustle and bustle city life of Puchong and its surroundings.

We had a durian feast at a durian orchard which was in season. While we were polishing off pangsa after pangsa of durians, more durians fell off the trees. Zareef and I went scampering after these fallen lots, all excited as it was our very first time collecting fresh durians which just fell off the trees. The taste? Just heavenly!! We even brought back two basketful of durians home to share among the family.

4. My doctor of a brother was telling us how he is having his hands full with patients coming in convinced that they've contracted the swine flu. They'd demand for Tamiflu when all they have is the common flu which is fully healable with a full round of Paracetamol and Amoxycillin (which I did with Zareef). Hundreds are queueing up at the A&E seeking for treatment making the waiting time to be an unbearable four to five hours at a time.

So people, panicking when you have a slight flu or an increased in body temperature will get you nowhere. Just head down to your nearest clinic and meet the GP. Get all the meds that you can get hold off and spend three days at home medicating yourself. If on the fourth day, you still feel like shit with a high temperature, then by all means rush yourself to the nearest public A&E and get yourself tested. However rest assured, if treated early and right, you can save yourself from the long torturing queue. Right now, the hospital is the last place you want to be seeing that it's a breeding place of all evil viruses. Your home is the safest and cleanest place to be right now and comfy to boot.

That's all I can think of now. I'm back to nursing my son to health. Alhamdulillah, at the time that I'm writing this, he's up and about playing outside with his sister and teasing her like crazy. Oh the sound of their laughter brings pure joy and is music to my ears. I'm off now to the playground. Let's just hope no one offers me a job as a maid again this time :P

No comments: